Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 7- May 19, 2013

Today we had a day trip to Vung Tao.  We took a hydrofoil down the river to the beach area, which was about an hour and a half.  Going down the river was pretty cool because we got to see a lot of scenery that we haven't seen before.  Once we got to Vung Tao we went hiking.  Our first short hike was to a Jesus statue.  This hike wasn't bad--it was only like 10 minutes, not even.  Then we went to a Buddhist Pagoda.  It was interesting seeing how different religions are practiced because my family isn't religious at all.  There was a lady there selling small birds that you could release into the wild.  It symbolized something in their religion, but I didn't hear exactly what it was.  Our second hike was harder.  It was 1000 steps in the scorching hot weather to another Jesus statue.  I don't think I've ever sweat this much in my life.  I was sweating so much that I didn't even feel it anymore.  The views from this hike were gorgeous though.  All the sweating was definitely worth it once we jumped in the ocean at the beach.  The beaches were gorgeous and the water was so warm and relaxing.  I bought a raft and just chilled in the water all day.  I also got freshly squeezed watermelon juice which was probably the best juice I have ever tasted.  Tonight we went to a restaurant but I forget the name of it.  I got a $3.00 steak and the best chicken wings.  I'd say this was one of the best dinners I've had here so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment