Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 12- May 24, 2013

Today was our last day in Vietnam!  We began the day with a soccer and basketball game against the UEF club teams.  Soccer we tied them 4-4.  I'm pretty sure they were going easy on us though.  For our first time playing soccer together, we weren't half bad!  It was so funny watching the game because a lot of us don't play soccer.  After we played basketball, but I don't even know who won or what the score was.  By that point everyone was hot and tired from the soccer match.  This afternoon a few of us went out to lunch with some Vietnamese students. We went to some Vietnamese restaurant, which was alright.  I got a beef skewer and it didn't even taste like beef so I didn't eat it.  While walking to and from the restaurant we stopped to see the little puppies in cages on the side of the road.  They're the cutest little guys I have ever seen.  There are so many squished in a little cage in this heat though.  I feel so bad for them, they must be miserable.  I wanted to take one home so badly, seeing as they were only $100, but I don't think my parents would go for that.  Tonight we went to dinner on a boat on the river.  On the boat there was live music, a fire dancer, and flamenco dancers.  It was great being able to spend the last night all together with the staff that helped us out and made this trip all possible.  As much as I want to go home, this trip was a great experience.  I learned so much, met so many new people, and traveled parts of a new country I have never been to.  It was an eye opening experience, seeing as I have never been to a place even remotely close to Vietnam.  This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm so happy I did this.

No comments:

Post a Comment